Authors are kindly requested to provide, for each manuscript, a written statement indicating that the paper is an original contribution and is not being reviewed or published elsewhere. Authors are the only ones responsible for the originality of the scientific contents of the manuscript. Materials taken from other sources must be accompanied by the author’s and publisher’s permission for reproduction. Papers have to be submitted on the understanding that after publication the authors will transfer the copyright exclusively to the Editor of Le Infezioni in Medicina. The following types of papers will be considered for publication:
- Reviews reporting the personal opinion of the authors or summarizing the “state of the art” on selected outstanding aspects of infectious diseases. Such papers are usually published on invitation, but unsolicited reviews are welcome, conditional upon the referee’s approval.
- Original articles referring to unpublished studies both on experimental and clinical research in the field of infectious diseases.
- Case reports describing single, or in limited number, noteworthy clinical cases in the field of infectious diseases.
- Infections in the History of Medicine. Papers dealing with any historical aspect of infectious diseases are welcome from colleagues and experts in the field. These papers will be published in a special section of the journal entitled “Infections in the History of Medicine”.
- Letters to the Editor, preferably pertaining to issues previously treated in the journal or to other matters of general interest to the readers, briefly reporting a personal clinical experience or opinion on topical themes in the field of infections.
- Infections in fiction. Any book review, comment or suggestions for reading concerning fiction – whether contemporary or historical - in some way dealing with infections is welcome and will be published in a special section of the journal.
CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION
By submitting a manuscript to Le Infezioni in Medicina, the authors accept and acknowledge that:
- the paper is original, is not being considered for publication by any other journal, that has not been published elsewhere in the same or similar form. Plagiarism, including duplicate publication of the author’s own work, in whole or in part without proper citation is not tolerated by the journal. Manuscripts submitted to the journal may be checked for originality using anti-plagiarism software. If an attempt at undisclosed duplicate publication is identified, the article will be rejected, and the owners of the copyright will be notified.
- all authors are aware of, and consent to the submission to the journal "Le Infezioni in Medicina".
- using images and other content from the internet and/or from other journal or sources, the authors must check the terms and conditions of the website or journal and/or the copyright disclaimer. If these items are not visible please do not assume that re-using content is acceptable.
- due concern has been spent to ethical considerations possibly related to the submitted work.